Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sailboat post

 





















A jibe has nothing to do with an insult.  At least not in the context I am familiar with and definitely not within the context of this blog.  However, an accidental jibe could cause insult in certain circumstances or contexts.  By the way this sailboat could be in danger of an accidental jibe.  I would enjoy being on this sailboat much more than I would enjoy an accidental jibe even if I were not insulted by it.  I like sailing but I do not enjoy accidental jibes.  Actually I have never been involved or associated with an accidental jibe but I think it is safe to assume I would not like an accidental jibe.  Accidental jibes are like being presented with piece of delicious chocolate cake but just before you take the first bite someone smashes it in your face.  Fortunately cake washes off and causes no damage unlike an accidental jibe which could cause significant damage even if the damage is only to your ego.  I would like to believe that I am too good for an accidental jibe but that would be an unwise and arrogant thing to believe.  Just when you think you are so great thats when you get humbled.  Being humbled can be worse than an accidental jibe unless you are humbled by an accidental jibe then they are equally bad.  On the other hand an accidental jibe could be worse than being humbled if you are not humbled a great deal.  The water in this picture looks very nice.  I would like to go fishing in it.  That would be unquestionably better than an accidental jibe.  

6 comments:

*Crusan said...

you make me laugh outLOUD!!!!!!!

kandksmom said...

cake and boats, two great things.

unibuffy said...

I looked up the definition of a jibe or gybe and I hope that you are too good of a sailer to have an accidental jibe!!!

*Crusan said...

Im sending PICTURES of jibes that were most definately NOT or maybe they were... ACCIDENTAL!!

*Crusan said...

where are you jiber??????

Whambat said...

um just wondering... did you write this whole post cause I commented earlier that jibe can also mean 'insult'? that's little extreme, don't ya think?